Reminder: Dementia ConversationsClick to RSVP
Start DateDecember 6, 2021
Class Time2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Alzheimer's Association’s Dementia Conversations program is designed to meet the needs of the following audiences.
• People noticing changes in seniors they are close to who have not received a dementia-related diagnosis
• Care partners of those in the early stage of a form of dementia
• Other family members who may not see themselves as caregivers
• Long-distance caregivers
• Hands-on caregivers of people in the middle to late stages of a form of dementia
The program includes:
• Tips for breaking the ice and having difficult conversations around some of the most common issues that arise when someone shows signs of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia such as going to the doctor, deciding when to stop driving and making legal and financial plans for future care.
• Help for planning ahead and building a care team that works and communicates well to reduce some of the stress that can accompany a disease like Alzheimer’s
• Provide an opportunity to hear from people who have had to deal with these types of issues
• Connect participants with helpful resources to enhance quality of life for everyone involved
The program is designed to run approximately 1 hour including Q&A.
Class Credit Information
A Certificate of Completion is available for any participant wishing to receive one.
To register for the program, email Venita Olson at email@example.com with your name, email address and zip code. She will register you on the Alzheimer's Association website. You will then receive an email confirmation with a Zoom link to access the program at the scheduled time.