Reminder: Understanding Alzheimer’s and DementiaClick to RSVP
Start DateDecember 13, 2021
Class Time2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In the United States alone, more than 6 million individuals are living with Alzheimer’s and 11 million are serving as their unpaid caregivers, often family and friends. The disease is a global crisis that impacts families right here in our community. However, no one should have to face this disease alone or without information.
The Alzheimer’s Association® has created an education program covering the basics of Alzheimer’s and dementia to provide a general overview for people who are facing a diagnosis as well as those who wish to be informed.
The free one-hour Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia program:
● Explores the relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
● Examines what happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s.
● Details the risk factors for Alzheimer’s
● Discusses three general stages of the disease.
● Identifies FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms.
● Looks ahead to what’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research.
● Offers helpful Alzheimer’s Association resources.
The program is designed to run approximately 1 hour including Q&A.
Class Credit Information
A Certificate of Completion is available for any participant wishing to receive one.
You may register by clicking on the registration link for your desired program on the attached flyer and you will be directed to the Alzheimer's Association's website to complete your registration. OR, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address and zip code and your registration will be completed for you. Either way, you will receive an email confirmation with a Zoom link to access the program at the scheduled time.