Reminder: Understanding Alzheimer’s and DementiaClick to RSVP
Start DateJanuary 18, 2021
Class Time3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
In the United States alone, more than 5 million individuals are living with Alzheimer’s and 16 million are serving as their unpaid caregivers, often family and friends. The disease is a global crisis that impacts families right here in our community. However, no one should have to face this disease alone or without information.
The Alzheimer’s Association® has created an education program covering the basics of Alzheimer’s and dementia to provide a general overview for people who are facing a diagnosis as well as those who wish to be informed.
The free one-hour Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia program:
● Explores the relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
● Examines what happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s.
● Details the risk factors for Alzheimer’s
● Discusses three general stages of the disease.
● Identifies FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms.
● Looks ahead to what’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research.
● Offers helpful Alzheimer’s Association resources.
Register now to join us for this informative program.
Class Credit Information
Participants may receive a Certificate of Completion if requested.
To register for the program, send an email to email@example.com. You will receive an email confirming your registration which will include a Zoom link to access the program at the scheduled time.