Understanding Alzheimer’s and DementiaClick to RSVP
Start DateMarch 14, 2022
Class Time2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In the United States alone, more than 6 million individuals are living with Alzheimer’s and 11 million are serving as their unpaid caregivers, often family and friends. The disease is a global crisis that impacts families right here in our community. However, no one should have to face this disease alone or without information.
This Alzheimer’s Association program covers the basics of Alzheimer’s and dementia to provide a general overview for people who are facing a diagnosis as well as those who wish to be informed.
The free one-hour Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia program:
● Explores the relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
● Examines what happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s.
● Details the risk factors for Alzheimer’s
● Discusses three general stages of the disease.
● Identifies FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms.
● Looks ahead to what’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research.
● Offers helpful Alzheimer’s Association resources.
The program is designed to run approximately 1 hour including Q&A.
Class Credit Information
A Certificate of Completion is available to any participant wishing to receive one.
To register for the program, send an email to email@example.com with your name and zip code. You will receive an email confirming your registration and a Zoom link to access the program at the scheduled time.