Understanding Alzheimer’s and DementiaClick to RSVP
Start DateApril 12, 2022
Class Time10:00 am - 11:00 am
In the United States alone, more than 6 million individuals are living with Alzheimer’s and 11 million are serving as their unpaid caregivers, often family and friends. The disease is a global crisis that impacts families right here in our community. However, no one should have to face this disease alone or without information.
This Alzheimer’s Association program covers the basics of Alzheimer’s and dementia to provide a general overview for people who are facing a diagnosis as well as those who wish to be informed.
The free one-hour Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia program:
● Explores the relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
● Examines what happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s.
● Details the risk factors for Alzheimer’s
● Discusses three general stages of the disease.
● Identifies FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms.
● Looks ahead to what’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research.
● Offers helpful Alzheimer’s Association resources.
The program is designed to run approximately 1 hour including Q&A.
Class Credit Information
A Certificate of Completion is available to any participant wishing to receive one.
To register, email Venita Olson at email@example.com or call (843) 405-7831. All you need to register for this free program is your name, email address and a home or work zip code.