Adult Interagecy Council – Meeting RemimderClick to RSVP
Start DateSeptember 21, 2021
Event Time3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
September 21, 2021 at Thorne Ambulance Service 3:00PM-4:00PM
301 Halton Road, Suite H, Greenville, SC
Ryan Thorne, owner of Thorne Ambulance Service, will share information on the many services they provide. One of the many lifesaving procedures performed by an EMS crew is rapid response to a suspected stroke.
Did you know that in the case of a suspected stroke, EMS does the following:
Support ABCs: airway, breathing, circulation – administers oxygen • Performs a prehospital stroke assessment • Establishes the time when patient was last seen normal • Rapidly transports to the nearest Primary Stroke Center or Comprehensive Stroke Center • EMS can bypass hospitals without stroke resources if the stroke center is within a reasonable transport range • Alerts receiving hospital as soon as possible of potential stroke patient “CODE STROKE” and in most cases bypass the emergency department• Check glucose level and perform diagnostic 12-lead EKGs.
Learn about all of their services including basic life support, ambulatory and wheelchair services; there will be time for questions/answers.
If you have never attended an Adult Interagency Council (AIC) meeting, you are welcome to attend.
· The goal/mission of AIC is to bring together those who can share information and ideas to empower each other in our individual roles throughout the community.
· AIC meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month (except December) from 3PM-4PM at various locations.
· AIC meeting notices are posted monthly on SPIN mail (If you do not receive SPIN mail, you may subscribe at www.scspin.org (SPIN Mail is provided by All About Seniors-there is no cost to receive daily SPIN Mail notices)
· AIC meetings are educational, informative and planned for those people working with adults in our Upstate communities.
· AIC is a volunteer group
· AIC is not a membership group; there are no dues.
· Your business card is your “ticket” to attend.
· RSVP is not required but strongly encouraged in order to have ample seating space.
Please use the RSVP button at the top to let me know you will attend; looking forward to seeing you!
If you have any questions, please contact me
All About Seniors - Upstate SC
Thorne Ambulance Service
301 Halton Rd., Ste. H Greenville