“Alzheimer’s and Dementia: A Conversation with Neurologist, Dr. George Baxley”Click to RSVP
Start DateMarch 4, 2010
The Alzheimer's Association's support group in Easley is hosting an open meeting for the community with Dr. George T. Baxley of Clemson speaking about, "Alzheimer's and Dementia?, on Thursday evening, March 4th, 7:00 - 8:30 PM, in the downstairs meeting room at the Hampton Memorial Library in Easley. Interested persons are invited to attend! Topics to be discussed include:
* What is dementia vs. Alzheimer's?
* Is it possible to get a good diagnosis for what is going on?
* What can we expect over time with dementia?
* What medications are often used?
* What about difficult behaviors?
* What can we do to promote brain health?
* What is happening in Alzheimer?s research?
A support group for family caregivers of persons with Alzheimer's disease and related dementia normally meets in Easley's Hampton Memorial Library -- 2nd floor Conference Room -- on the 1st Thursday each month at 7PM. A no-cost, in-home sitter can be provided to help family members attend these support group meetings.
For more information, please call Meri Childress at (864) 855-8668, Debbi Scarborough at (864) 836-5151, the Alzheimer's Association at (864) 250-0029, or visit www.alz.org/sc.