Job & Volunteer Archives
EmployerThe Renaissance, LLC
Start DateSeptember 2, 2014
LocationDue West, South Carolina
Activities Coordinator reports directly to the Administrator for The Renaissance, LLC. The Coordinator will:
• Will be responsible for planning and implementing activities, events, outing, and other related items.
• Work with representatives of the Village Residents Organization, administration, and other staff members as appropriate to provide a meaningful and varied program of activities that provides opportunities for spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and vocational wellness.
• Produce monthly Village Events calendar and add it to The Renaissance, LLC Website
• Work with Marketing Director for Press Releases (Newspaper, Website, Social Media)
• Work within the defined budget for expenses.
• Serve as a driver when needed for off-site trips and events.
• Be responsible for recruitment and coordination of volunteers to assist in activities, transportation, and other needs as they may arise
• Providing assistance in other areas such as Marketing, Administrative, Culinary, or any other area as requested by administration
• Conduct activity assessments/ surveys of new residents and current residents
• Assist in offsite events
• Track and maintain logs of attendance of activities, volunteers, etc.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and provide update on upcoming events/activities
• Be willing to work some weekends and Holidays
• Be responsible for relationship development with outside organizations
• Train Staff on assisting with activities
• Be required to maintain a neat and professional appearance
• Be responsible for taking photos of activities
• Be responsible for maintaining and updating The Renaissance Facebook Page, Website, and other social media accounts as necessary but no less than Weekly
• Follow all community policies and procedures
• Take phone calls, new lead inquires, and/or pass information to the required department
Activities should address the general spectrum of interests, abilities, and educational backgrounds of residents of The Village and should be geared toward group involvement to include, but not limited to:
• Monthly Ladies’ Day Out
• Guy’s Outings
• Friday Night Movies
• Guest Lecture Series
• Monthly Men’s Breakfast
• Intergenerational events
• Off-site events and trips not to conflict with those planned by the Village Residents Organization
• Meet with Village Residents of the “Walking Club” and encourage other independent residents to participate
• Fitness activities of different exercises daily
• Offer varies of different Cards & Games daily (Bingo, Checkers, Billiards, etc.)
• Provide Arts & Crafts of different activities daily (Knitting and Crocheting, Stitch & Chat, Gardening, Puzzles, etc.)
• Incorporate Social Events daily (Birthday Bash, Red Hat Ladies, Morning Socials, Dancing and Live Entertainment, etc.)
• Lifelong Learning of different activities daily (Computer Classes, Toastmasters, Writer's Workshop, Science Lectures, Armchair Travel Club, Something to Talk About, etc.)
• Other Activities as request by residents
The Activities Coordinator should be self-motivated, able to work independently without direct supervision, yet able to work as a member of interdepartmental teams.
Required ExperienceExperience in Long Term Care Preferred
Application DeadlineSeptember 17, 2014
How to ApplyPlease apply in person at 5 Dr Frank Pressly Drive Due West SC 9639.
*No Phone Calls please