Job & Volunteer Archives
Billing Specialist – Full Time
EmployerThorne Ambulance Service
Start DateSeptember 1, 2013
LocationGreenville, South Carolina
Purpose of Position:
Beginning September 1st, 2013, TAS is transitioning to a new software program in an effort to bring all billing functions 100% in-house. This position has been opened to assist this department in the expected increase in internal volume.
The Billing Specialist will be responsible for the review of Patient Care Reports (PCRs) and the submission of claims to the appropriate party (i.e.: Medicare, private insurance, individuals/facilities). Working on the correction and re-submission of previously denied claims, along with working with clients on outstanding balances.
• Background in healthcare billing and/or knowledge of EMS billing.
• Excellent Computer skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Certified Ambulance Coder (CAC) certification
• Previous experience with RescueNet Billing software
• Previous billing/coding experience
Application DeadlineAugust 30, 2013
How to ApplyApply:
In order to apply for this position, we request that you submit a resume to Sthorne@thorneambulance.com. Provide at least three (3) professional references.