Job & Volunteer Archives
Executive Director – Part – Time
EmployerThe Shepherd's Center of Lexington, Inc.
Start DateAugust 14, 2017
LocationLEXINGTON, South Carolina
Executive Director of the Shepherdâ€™s Center of Lexington reports to Board of Directors. Direct Supervisor is the Board Chair. This is a part-time position of 25 hours per week.
â€¢ To give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization's philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives
â€¢ With the chair, enables the Board to fulfill its governance function
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Board and Committee Support -- Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, communicating effectively between Board, Committees, paid or volunteer office staff, and by overseeing and coordinating Committee functions to effectively carry out the mission of the Center. More specifically, provide information, advice, and recommendations to the Shepherdâ€™s Center of Lexington Board of Directors in matters necessary to carry out its responsibilities, including program development, fiscal oversight, fund-raising, strategic planning, and policy development. Participate in the development of the budget, monitor revenue and expenditures, interpret financial results, and oversee all contracts, including facility agreements.
2. Program and Service Delivery â€“ Oversees delivery and quality of programs and services. Coordinate the main functions and tasks of the organization, including Adventures in Learning, Community Services, Special Events Classes, Fundraising Events, Volunteer Activities and Service Activities. Collaborate in the maintenance of the website and social media.
3. Community and Public Relations -- Assures that the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image. Represent Shepherdâ€™s Center of Lexington in the community, serving as liaison to other Shepherdâ€™s Centers and congregations; partnering with Community organizations and agencies; and delivering informational talks promoting Shepherdâ€™s Center of Lexington and lifelong learning
4. Organizational Management â€“ Develops and implements strategies to help the organization function as a whole according to its mission, and ensures that the organization has an eye toward the future
5. Financial and Management â€“ Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines
6. Fundraising -- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation of Fundraising Plan in cooperation with the Fundraising Committee. This includes identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation. Identify Potential Donors, Sponsors and Patrons in the community. Develop Fundraising Programs and community appeals.
7. Oversee Marketing and Publicity Outreach. Produce catalogs, newsletters, press releases, marketing material and arranges special presentations.
Required ExperienceEducation: - At least two years of higher education; preferred bachelorâ€™s degree
â€¢ Experience working with adult education programs
â€¢ Sensitivity to the social, emotional, and intellectual needs of older adults
â€¢ Demonstrated ability to supervise office staff and create an effective team environment
â€¢ Experience developing and managing programs, including budget oversight
â€¢ Demonstrated adeptness to work well with volunteers.
â€¢ Experience in strategic planning
â€¢ Knowledge of fund-raising strategies
â€¢ Excellent oral and written communication skills
â€¢ Computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Quick Books
â€¢ Experience writing successful grant proposals