Job & Volunteer Archives
Fitness and Aerobics Instructors
Start DateMarch 24, 2014
LocationGreenville, South Carolina
Fitness and Aerobics Instructors needed at local non-profit organization. In this position, you will be responsible for providing fun, effective and safe aerobic group exercise classes for the senior population 55 and over. The position includes:
• Giving instruction in the use of aerobic equipment; ensuring safety of class members.
• Present classes by selecting instructional methods; selecting music; demonstrating techniques; circulating on the exercise floor; monitoring class member movements; assisting participants; suggesting improved moves and stretches to class members to enhance exercise regimen.
• Promote knowledge of proper group fitness components, i.e.: warm up, aerobic exercise, flexibility, cool down, etc.
• Help class members move toward fitness objectives by helping class members develop age and fitness-level appropriate objectives.
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; maintaining the aerobics area, and aerobics.
Required ExperienceMinimum Requirements: 1 year of fitness instruction.
Preferred: CPR Certification and Certification in your field of instruction.