Job & Volunteer Archives
Registered Nurse/ Part Time
Start DateNovember 11, 2015
LocationGreer, South Carolina
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs hospice care and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individual and families within their homes and communities.
Required Experience1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting, and/or one (1) to two (2) years of recent experience in home care or hospice preferred.
2. Current licensure in State, CPR certification and valid driver’s license with automobile insurance.
3. Bachelor’s or Associates degree, with one (1) year of hospice care experience preferred.
4. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
5. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
6. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.