Job & Volunteer Archives
Visiting Angels – Business Development
Start DateApril 14, 2014
LocationGreenville, South Carolina
Responsible for generating business from referral sources to meet agency growth and revenue goals. Conducts personalized visits to priority referral sources and represents the agency in community events.
• Drive growth by spending the majority of the time in the field developing referral relationships that result in eligible referrals (95% of time is spent in the field).
• Educate the referral sources and the community regarding the referral process, our differentiators and how to make it easy to refer.
• Understand the philosophy of the private duty model. Remain current on local industry trends to represent and differentiate Visiting Angels’ services in the local market.
• Articulate the benefits of private duty home care services to both professional referral sources and consumers.
• Develop new and ongoing referral relationships with targeted accounts identified in the Marketing Action Plan for the purpose of increasing referrals and achieving business growth goals.
• Accurately complete required reports and documentation, within the established time frames, of sales activity including: Weekly Schedule, Pre Call Plan, Marketing Action Plan and Sales Call Activity Log.
• Utilize company resources to ensure an appropriate return on investment.
• Demonstrate knowledge of major competitors and differentiators.
• Compile Marketing Action Plan by assessing community needs, marketing strategy/objectives, identifying key accounts and the development of specific marketing action items with measurable goals.
• Demonstrate effective communication with the agency team and referral sources.
• Perform other functions as deemed appropriate by the management team.
Required ExperiencePREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management or communications, preferred.
• Minimum of one year experience in the Private Duty Industry preferred.
• Experience with public speaking, demonstrated presentation skills.
• Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications, scheduling systems and other health care industry related software.
• Demonstrate ability to work well with a team.
• Results oriented.
• Ability to form relationships and maintain rapport with referral sources.
• Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically orally and in writing.
• Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm and maintain a sense of humor; and present a well-groomed professional image.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, delegate and accurately follow through in work activities with time constraints and interruptions to meet deadlines, as well as, work independently with a minimum amount of direction and/or supervision.
• Ability to generate goodwill for the organization and its management among staff, clients, and referral sources. Demonstrate a strong commitment to client service excellence.
• Possess and maintain good physical and mental health, including current TB testing.
• U.S. Citizen or evidence of valid Alien Work Permit.
The value in life is to live for others. Don't settle for less... If you're an evangelist with a big heart, we want to speak with you!