Job & Volunteer Archives
EmployerPickens County Meals on Wheels
Start DateAugust 4, 2014
LocationEasley, SC, South Carolina
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for a variety of programmatic and secretarial duties. The Volunteer Coordinator is the day to day connection to Meals on Wheels for the clients and volunteers.
• Coordinate all aspects of daily meal delivery including, but not limited to calling volunteer drivers, arranging for substitutes when needed, and reporting to meal providers.
• Assure successful delivery of meals and provide support to volunteers.
• Maintain programmatic databases and day to day documentation including meal delivery, client and volunteer information.
• Maintain good communication with all volunteers regarding daily and ongoing programmatic changes.
• Write cards and correspondence to clients and volunteers.
• Complete programmatic reports as required.
• Develop, coordinate and implement volunteer recruitment and training programs.
• Manage volunteer appreciation activities including annual volunteer luncheon, appreciation cards and other correspondence.
• Drive open routes when necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.